Pre Purchase Building Inspection
We identify all major structural damage in the house and provide you with a detailed explanation advising:
- The extent of the damage within the building and advise how much of the building has been damaged.
- The cause of the damage and contributing factors that may be causing the damage.
- We advise on the best way to fix the damage and advise how you would be able to fix the damage in your circumstances.
- We advise on the length of time you are likely to have before you will be required to under take repairs.
- We advise on the likely costs that you may expect in undertaking the repair works.
We identify all major defect and faults with the building and list them in point form:
- We identify the extent of the damage caused by the fault or defect.
- We identify the cause of the problem and the likely ways in which you can go about repairing or patching it.
- We identify the likely costs that may be expected and the time frame in which the work would be required to be repaired.
We inspect and report on the all parts of the building and provide a general overview on how the building is performing. In this process we report on the following:
The external wall lining, the roof covering, the windows, the floor, the plumbing, flashings out buildings, verandahs, garages.
The internal wall lining, the fixing, the wall and floor tiling, the painting, the doors the architrave and skirting, fixtures cupboards and taps. The plumbing works and fittings and the condition of the plumbing works and fittings.
The electrical installation in inspected in part, we report on the installation where accessible, we report on the safety of the system and advise if the system appears to have been altered. If the condition of the cabling is of concern to us we will advise you of this are request that it be independently inspected by an electrician.
After the inspection, normally that night we call you and provide you with a detailed comprehensive report on all parts of the building. We explain how the faults and defects identified are likely to effect you and how they can be fixed and at what cost.
This normally takes 25 to 35 minutes.
The written reports, including building, timber pest and overview of the property, following within 24 hours.
The average length of these reports is 26 to 30 pages in length as we provide all the information collected during the inspection to you.
These reports can also be emailed as well as posted. Those parts of a building that are not normally inspected during an inspection are appliances, machinery, motorized or electronic equipment, pumps and the like.